- Webinar: Setting the Stage for 2014: How to Prepare Your Compliance Program Now for The New Year
- Date: 10/17/2013
- Time: 11:00-12:30 p.m. Eastern
$260$160 for MDDCCUA members
Even those with decades of experience in compliance are looking at the pending arrival of 2014 with a degree of healthy wariness, and with good cause. With the onslaught of new and revised compliance rules heading our way, there is far more to do than many financial institutions have resources to handle. In such times, it makes sense to take a step back to look at how your compliance program is organized and determine what adjustments to make now so that you can make the most of the resources your institution does have. Measure twice, the old adage goes, cut once.
In this webinar, we’ll take a look at the recent published regulatory guidelines on “Responsible Business Conduct,” which provide the framework for a powerful strategy for keeping a compliance program within acceptable tolerance levels in terms of both demands on available compliance resources and meeting regulatory expectations.
We’ll look at the hallmarks of a “responsible” financial institution, including how to organize efforts to “self police,” what to do if self-policing uncovers any potential weaknesses, and how best to implement a system to fix any identified weaknesses.
This 90-minute webinar will also cover:
- Key new developments that have undergone the most change for 2014, including Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgages, HOEPA Rule, Loan Originator Compensation, ECOA Valuations, TILA HPML Appraisals, Escrows, TILA and RESPA Servicing and more.
- How to conduct a smart compliance risk assessment, including the identification of inherent risks, the relative strength of risk controls in place, and the aggregate risks that remain so that you can assess where best to apply available resources.
- How to organize your exception resolution efforts to keep violations on the radar so that small ones don’t become large and large ones go away.
- The ins and outs of the now-infamous CFBP Bulletin 2013-06,”Responsible Business Conduct: Self-Policing, Self-Reporting, Remediation, and Cooperation” and what it means to your institution, even if the CFPB isn’t your primary regulator
- The frequently overlooked “leading compliance indicators,” such as a solid record retention program and well-documented training, that would be a mistake to neglect.
Enter 2014 with a solid footing and a clear plan for navigating your institution’s compliance program successfully through this transformative period.
Special Offer for MDDCCUA Members
MDDCCUA members can register for the webinar for $100 off the $260 registration fee. To get the special pricing, enter coupon code MDDCCUA in the registration form below. No need to pay now. Use the form below, and we’ll invoice you. We will confirm your registration via email, send you the webinar access information, and send you the invoice electronically.
(form 'form-1' not found)
Presenter: As President of AdvisX, Mr. Agle brings over 25 years of regulatory risk management experience covering numerous facets of bank and credit union operations. Mr. Agle specializes in strategic regulatory response and in developing and implementing both proactive and reactive tools and systems to preempt and resolve issues affecting today’s financial institution. He is the author of numerous policy manuals and articles on risk compliance, including “4 Elements of an Effective Enterprise Risk Management Program.” He is a frequent presenter at national and regional conferences and webinars.
Prior to his consulting experience, Mr. Agle had been a Bank Examiner with the FDIC. As a commissioned examiner, Mr. Agle was principally involved in numerous examinations, including Safety and Soundness, Compliance, BSA, IT and Trust.